Great sales professionals and entrepreneurs know that business success is built on a solid foundation of human relationships. Not from quickies and one-sided (me, me, me) approach.
They understand that in order to thrive, one must understand people better and their needs, have a system to attract leads, and a sales process to convert the leads to paying customers.
“People don’t care how much you know, until they know how much you care”
There is a fine line between prospecting on social media and spamming people. And many entrepreneurs, just starting out (and those who are new in online marketing) have been turned into spammers. They think social media is their license to blast their messages all across platforms without regard to how this will affect their brand.
Social media is an excellent platform for you to find your audience, engage with them and tell your story in a way that is relevant to them. That’s a mouthful isn’t it?
Let me explain.
Social media is not only a place to socialize and post pretty pictures. It’s also a search engine. That’s right! You can use it to find people who are interested in what you are offering.
How to use social media:
- Use the search button (besides the magnifying glass) to look for topics, people, pages and groups to follow, and conversations to join to.
- Listen, engage (join the conversation) and pay attention to what people are interested in and contribute your expertise and insights.
- Optimized your social profile so it attracts and converts people into fans, friends, followers and leads.
Traditional prospecting is dying. So rather than spending hours spamming people, learn how to attract them instead.
What kind of post(s) attracts and help you sell?
- A post that entertains, educates, and enlightens.
- Posts that help people, not just by using your product or services.